Bhopal, India (Urban Transport News): The Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MPMRCL) invites online global e-tenders from construction firms for the construction of eight elevated metro stations of the Bhopal Metro Rail project.
Tender Package: BH-02-EIB
Scope of Work: Design and Construction of Eight (8) Elevated Metro Rail Stations including Viaduct portion within the stations and Transition spans on either side of the stations (AIIMS, Alkapuri, Habibganj Naka, Habibganj, M.P Nagar Zone-1, DB City Mall, Kendriya Vidyalaya and Subhash Nagar) for Bhopal Metro Rail Project.
The scope of work includes;
- Design and Construction of all Civil, Structural, Roof Structure, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) work, Architectural finishes and Façade for 8 Elevated Metro Rail Stations including Entry/Exit, Foot Over Bridge (FOB), Viaduct within Station, Transition spans and provision for Solar Panel Installation.
- The Eight (8) Elevated Metro Rail Stations are AIIMS, Alkapuri, Habibganj Naka, Habibganj, M.P Nagar Zone-1, DB City Mall, Kendriya Vidyalaya and Subhash Nagar for Bhopal Metro Rail Project.
- The Works shall be designed for minimal maintenance through a 100-year operational life.
- The Contractor shall provide all the software confirmed in the Employer’s requirements in a timely manner to permit the Engineer to review the Contractor’s submissions.
- All the works in this Contract are covered under Schedule ‘A’, Schedule ‘B’ and Schedule ‘C’.
- The Schedule ‘A’ shall include Design and Construction of Metro Station including all Civil, Structural, Roof Structure, MEP works, Entry/Exit, FOB, viaduct within the station, Transition spans, corridors, ancillary building i.e. underground/surface water tank, pump room and DG room, lift shafts, escalator pits, staircases and provision for Solar Panel installation for all 7 Stations.
- The Schedule ‘B’ shall include the Design and Execution of roof sheeting and all Architectural works in public and non-public areas which includes Concourse, Platform, Foot over Bridge (FOB), Entry/Exit structure, Ancillary structures, Water Storage Tanks, pump rooms, DG Set, Pick-Up and Drop off bays for other modes of transport, footpath, Plaza area, system rooms; construction of masonry/blockwork walls, mullions, tie beams, Lintels, Plastering, Painting & cladding, flooring & ceiling etc, complete as approved by the Employer/Engineer.
- The Schedule ‘C’ shall include Design and Execution of Façade works including the required supporting structural elements as approved by the Employer/Engineer.
- Station names are tentative and are likely to undergo change as per the approval of the Govt. of Madhya Pradesh.
- Tender No. 354/MPMRCL/2021/Package BH-02-EIB
- Issue Date: 31.03.2021
- Estimated Cost of Work: Rs 421 crores
- Work Completion Period: 847 Days
- Pre Bid Meeting: 12.05.2021 at 11.00 hrs
- Availability of Tender Documents: 31.03.2021 to 10.06.2021
- Dates for Submission of Bids: 03.06.2021 to 10.06.2021
- Opening Date of Technical Bids: 11.06.2021 at 16.30 hrs
The Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MPMRCL) had applied for loans from European Investment Bank (EIB). EIB agrees to fund 400 euros (Approx. Rs 3,430 crore) for Phase 1 of the Bhopal Metro Rail Project, according to MPMRCL.
It is pertinent to mention here that the construction of 6.225 km viaducts from AIIMS to Subhas Nagar is being carried out by Dilip Buildcon Limited. For this, a work order worth Rs 247.06 crores were issued to the firm in October 2018 by MPMRCL.
For more details, please explore the Bhopal Metro page of Urban Transport News.