!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Andhra Pradesh: People cast their vote for Zilla Parishad Territorial Constituency and Mandal Parishad Territorial Constituency elections in the state today.
11th round of Corps Commander-level talks between Indian and Chinese Army: Sources
Indian and Chinese Army to hold the 11th round of Corps Commander-level talks at Chushul in eastern Ladakh tomorrow at 10:30 AM to discuss further disengagement from friction points there: Indian Army sources (ANI reports)
ShareChat raises $502 million in fresh funding
- Indian content-sharing platform ShareChat said it has raised $502 million in fresh funding from Tiger Global, Snap Inc and some existing investors such as Twitter Inc, valuing it at more than $2 billion.
- The funding was led by U.S. venture capital firm Lightspeed Venture Partners and American investment firm Tiger, ShareChat said in a statement on Thursday.
- Tiger Global and Snap, owner of popular photo-messaging app Snapchat, are new investors in the Indian platform.
- The funding signals growing investor interest in Indian social media apps that are looking to tap into pent-up demand after New Delhi banned dozens of Chinese apps, including ByteDance’s TikTok, following an India-China border clash last year.
Delhi HC seeks stand of Centre, EC on plea to ensure masks are worn during poll campaigns during ongoing elections
Army Chief Gen Naravane leaves for Bangladesh on 5-day visit
- Chief of Army Staff Gen MM Naravane on Thursday left for Bangladesh on a five-day visit to further expand cooperation and coordination between the two countries on a host of strategic issues.
- On Thursday, Gen Naravane will pay tributes to the fallen heroes of the Bangladesh liberation war and it will be followed by a one-on-one meetings with the three service chiefs, officials said.
- The Army chief will also interact with Bangladesh’s foreign minister on April 11.
Rupee rises 10 paise to 74.37 against US dollar in early trade
Karnataka: Bus services remain affected in Kalaburagi for the second day as Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) employees go on an indefinite strike over their demand for revision of salary.
Sachin Waze’s claims in a letter to NIA court
- In a letter to the NIA court by suspended Mumbai Police officer Sachin Waze, he claimed a person named Darshan Ghodawat, introducing himself as a close aide of a senior Maharashtra Minister, had asked him to collect a monthly amount of Rs 100 crore from the illegal gutkha sellers.
- Waze further said that he refused to do so and when he initiated action against illegal gutkha sellers, Ghodawat came to his office and expressed the Minister’s displeasure on his actions against the illegal gutkha sellers.
Delhi: Fire breaks out in a factory near MTNL office at Damodar Park, Dilshad Garden Industrial Area.
15 fire tenders are carrying out fire fighting operations.
Indian Army Chief to pay tributes to martyrs of the Liberation War
Army Chief MM Naravane will pay tributes to martyrs of the Liberation War by laying a wreath at the Shikha Anirban on 8 April 2021. This will be followed by one to one meetings with the three Service Chiefs of Bangladesh’s Armed Forces, as per the Indian Army.
Delhi: A 32-member delegation from National Defence College, Israel offers tribute at the National War Memorial
Entry for Shaheed Sthal has been temporarily closed to ensure social distancing as part of our crowd control measures. Exit is allowed: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
SWR running additional trains from 8th to 14th April
South Western Railway (SWR) will be running additional trains from 8th to 14th April, in view of the Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) strike and for clearing the extra rush of upcoming Ugadi Festival.
Kerala Legislative Assembly Speaker will not appear before Customs officials today
Kerala Legislative Assembly Speaker P Sreeramakrishnan informed this to Customs Dept through an e-mail. Customs served him a notice, asking to appear before its Kochi office today, in connection with Dollar Smuggling Case.
Army chief General on a five-day visit to Bangladesh
Army chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane proceeded on a five-day visit to Bangladesh. The visit aims to further enhance the defence cooperation and strong bilateral ties between India and Bangladesh, as per the Indian army.
PM Modi, Seychelles President to jointly inaugurate projects at virtual event today
Second list of defence items that must be bought from Indian vendors being prepared: CDS General Bipin Rawat
We have to level playing field (for tariffs). China’s actions are uncompetitive, coercive, underhanded. I plan to use all the tools in my toolbox as aggressively as possible to protect American workers & businesses from unfair Chinese practices.
– Gina Raimondo, US Secy of Commerce
US restoring aid to Palestinians with $235 million for UN refugee agency, development
US ‘prepared to lift’ sanctions imposed on Iran inconsistent with JCPOA
PM Modi to chair meeting to commemorate 400th Birth Anniversary of Guru Tegh Bahadur today
CBSE issues notices to schools ahead of Board Exams 2021
The board has asked schools to update teacher information on OASIS by April 10, and also warned schools penalty of up to Rs 50,000 in case of non-compliance.