The Expanding Footprint Of Green Housing by Apurva Gupta, Chief Marketing Officer, Rivali Park CCI Projects
There was an era when developers and builders had no option than only choosing between resources like straw, mud, timber, and stone to build a green home that consumed precious energy. Thanks to the industrial boost, there has been massive progress in sustainable technologies. This implies that novel homes are being constructed without causing any disadvantage to the earth they sit on. The moment you picture an environment-friendly home, do you only envisage solar panels, high-efficiency washing machines and a gamut of other earth-friendly devices? Green technologies used in homes by real estate developers today are not just limited to these eco-friendly tools, there is much more that can be incorporated in homes to support green living. Fortunately, there is a gamut of technological options bringing one closer to creating an energy-efficient home.
Below mentioned are the various technologies that go into green housing –
1. Sustainable Floors: Real estate developers have understood the importance of making use of bamboo for floorings in homes. Composed from a fast-growing renewable plant that is bacteria-free, natural, resistant to water and is exceptionally tough, bamboo is the best choice for green flooring. These days’ developers are replacing wood floorings with rubber flooring and polished concrete floorings which are 100 percent renewable resources.
2. Smart power strips and power adapters: Most electric gadgets will sluggishly graze on power while doing nothing, thus consuming a lot of energy. A smart power strip is a blessing in the segment of green homes because they have been designed to feed the devices with electricity, only when needed. Instead of entering a standby mode, the use of a smart electricity strip will shut the machine down after a certain amount of time until it is required again. Installation of power adapters at home will help to considerably cut down electricity bills. These green tools lend great solutions to offer gadgets the precise amount of power they require and turn off after the need has been met.
3. Sustainable Heating: Apart from solar panels, there are other alternatives to conserve funds and environment while heating your home. By using a geothermal heat pump, one can considerably reduce the cost for a long duration, thus helping to safeguard the planet. This technologically advanced device is much noiseless than the conventional one.
4. Composting toilets: Unlike the west, the Indian real estate industry is gradually cottoning on to the idea that human wastage should not be wasted. Instead of flushing valuable resources away, these toilets aid in efficiently treating human excrement through organic processes. This process helps to turn it into biological compost material that can be utilized for soil fertilization. Your conventional toilet makes use of more water, instead swap to green flushing to cut down on your water usage. Incorporating dual low-flush toilet will allow choosing the amount of water being used every time you flush, thus conserving energy and dropping down your water bill.
5. Home-Automation Lighting: Conventional lightings today have been replaced with energy-efficient LED lighting that helps to cut down on energy utilization and costs. Now potential developers are taking this trend further by installing lighting systems that get connected through hardware’s that can be controlled through smartphone apps.
6. Indoor Environmental Quality: Strategies like no smoking in the premises, making usage of low Volatile Organic compounds in sealants, paints, and adhesives while doing up the home interiors will also get you a step closer to sustainable living. These green approaches will play a major role in ensuring an elevated human comfort and indoor environmental quality.
7. Water Efficiency: Green homes with installation of water-efficient plumbing fixtures and recycle of STP treated water for flushing and irrigation, safeguard condensed usage of potable freshwater.
8. Efficient management of waste: With proper segregation of dry and wet waste at the very source, managing waste and sewage becomes very operative. Wet waste can be renewed to compost by making use of organic waste converters. Even dry waste can be further explored to be recycled. This safeguards that waste traveling to landfills is reduced.
9. Ecological automobiles: By installing facility of electric vehicles in the parking lots and incentivizing parking spaces dedicated for e-vehicles, realty developers can promote usage of environment-friendly vehicles that help to drop down toxic carbon releases due to fossil fuels.
Our country desperately needs to protect its resources, hence green housing is unquestionably the only alternative that will facilitate in ensuring an enhanced future for our planet. It is stirring to witness how real estate developers and builders are scouting for innovative cutting-edge technologies and methods to aid in meeting the sustainable needs of our planet.
For more updates on news, articles, features on architecture, and interiors visit: www. fortunestreets.com